The student must follow these steps to grant access:
- Log onto MMW.
- Click on the “Academics” tab.
- Click on the “Student” link (in black on the left-hand side of the page).
- Click on the “Define New Permissions” link.
- Click on the drop-down menu for question #2. If this is the parent(s) for whom you wish to add permission, click on the name. The page will refresh with your parent’s information. If no parent is listed or if you wish to add a different parent, please fill in all information (questions 3-11).
- Please verify all information and make sure there is a valid e-mail address in #7 as this is where login information will be sent.
- Please select what permissions you are granting by clicking the yes or no radio button for questions 9-11.
- Please note any additional information in question #19.
- Once all information has been verified or entered, click on “Next Page”.
- Please review your responses and if you need to make changes, click on the “Previous Page” link and make the appropriate changes. When finished, click on next page, verify and then click on the “Submit Permission Form” link.
Once a student grants access to a parent or guardian via MMW, an email containing a username and password will be sent to the email address provided. The parent or guardian will use this information to log onto MMW and view the Parent Portal. Once there, information will be available in accordance with the permissions granted by the student.
- Academic Records: Parents and guardians will be able to view academic information including grade reports and unofficial transcripts. Residential contact information will also be available here.
- Student Accounts: Parents and guardians will be able to access 1098-T information and view the student account history and balances.
- Financial Aid: Parents and guardians will have access to financial aid records including missing documents.
Parents will be able to access MMW via the provided login information for five academic years from the time authorization is granted or until access is revoked by the student.
Parents, guardians, and third parties should carefully read the information below about FERPA regulations and the privacy of student records.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (FERPA), Randolph-Macon College is restricted in releasing student information without the consent of the student. It provides the student a right to inspect his/her records and restrict the disclosure of those records. Further information about FERPA is available on the U.S. Department of Education FERPA website.
Detailed information about FERPA at Randolph-Macon College can be found in the Disclosure of Student Records statement.
It should be understood that at the post-secondary level parents do not have automatic access to the student’s education records. Access may be provided, under the following circumstances:
- The student can provide access in MyMaconWeb using the Parent Portal consent process.
- In the absence of student consent, the parents (or legal guardians) must provide a copy of their Federal Income Tax form filed for the most recent tax year, indicating that the student was claimed as a dependent. The tax form should be directed to the Registrar’s Office, and must be accompanied by a signed letter that clearly identifies the student and specifies the information needed from the education record. Individual employees may decline to provide requested information if they determine that disclosure would be detrimental to the student-institution relationship or impede efficient and effective College operations.
If you have questions or concerns about FERPA regulations, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (804) 752-7227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.