Health Center Services
The Student Health Center provides health services to students during periods when class is in session. Our board-certified medical staff offers friendly, comprehensive care for acute and non-acute medical services.
In the event that a student requires care by a medical specialist or emergency care, the Health Center Staff will assist the student, as needed, to identify and/or transition care options.
Appointments are provided at no cost. If medication, testing, or a procedure is given/performed at the time of the appointment, a nominal fee may be charged, which a student can submit to insurance for reimbursement, if applicable.
- Administer common over-the-counter or prescription medications, available on site
- Evaluation and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Evaluation and treatment of seasonal allergies
- Medical referrals as needed
- Physical examinations
- Blood draws/laboratory testing
- Rapid on-site testing for strep throat, mononucleosis, influenza, urinalysis for UTI, pregnancy, and tuberculosis (PPD skin test).
- On-site testing sent to off-site lab: pap smears, STDs, throat cultures, stool cultures, hematology testing.
- Women’s health care/exams, including oral contraceptive counseling and prescriptions
- Evaluation and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
The Health Center doesn’t provide notes for missed class due to illness.
Student Health General Inbox: StudentHealth@rmc.edu
Fax Number: 804-752-3776
Health Center Mailing Address: RMC Student Health Services, PO Box 5005, Ashland, VA 23005
Health Center Physical Address: RMC Brock Sports & Recreation Center, 400 N. Center Street, Ashland, VA 23005
Key Links and Resources
Due to HIPAA laws, all student visits to the health center are confidential. Although we do bill the student account for certain services, the reason for these services is not disclosed to the parents without the student’s consent. We must respect our students’ privacy, so any conversations pertaining to the care of students cannot be discussed without their consent.