Randolph-Macon College is a vibrant academic community that fosters student learning and personal growth through mentoring, service, and active learning to prepare undergraduates for successful lives.
Randolph-Macon College Mission
A Randolph-Macon College liberal arts education develops the mind and character of each student.
Nursing Department mission
To provide a transformative education grounded in the liberal arts to develop resilient nurse leaders prepared to practice innovatively within a dynamic healthcare environment.
Our Core Values
The educational and clinical practices within the Nursing Department are grounded in the core values to achieve the mission.
- Integrity – fostering open communication and honesty while conducting one’s self according to the highest ethical standards.
- Inclusivity – embracing the unique attributes and contributions of each person regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities, political beliefs, spiritual perspectives or other ideologies.
- Caring – fostering health, healing, and hope in response to the human condition
- Civility – treating every person with dignity, honor, and respect
- Excellence – demonstrating exemplary quality in education, scholarship, evidence-based clinical practice, and service.
Accreditation and Regulation
Initial approval for the pre-licensure baccalaureate degree nursing program at Randolph-Macon College was granted by the Virginia Board of Nursing (VBON) in August of 2018. The program is approved by SACS.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Randolph-Macon College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The BSN program prepares students to take the NCLEX-RN®, a national licensure exam for registered nurses. Licensure qualifications vary by state. The RMC BSN curriculum meets the Virginia educational requirements for professional licensure as a registered nurse. Students and prospective students are encouraged to explore and identify the qualifications for respective states other than Virginia by viewing the links below.
Additional information can be found at the following link: