In addition to Honors courses, students will have the opportunity to complete a yearly ePortfolio that helps students reflects on their curricular and co-curricular engagement, and their career aspirations.
A participant in the Honors Program must complete the following requirements in order to receive the Honors designation upon graduation:
- Three 100 or 200 level Honors courses. Students are strongly encouraged to register for an Honors course in their incoming Fall semester, and to complete at least 2 of the 3 courses in their freshman or sophomore year.
- Complete HONR 300, a 3-hour Custom Learning Experience (collaborative student-designed, instructor-guided Problem Based Learning Experience). This course cannot be taken in a student’s first semester at the College.
- One Honors Enrichment Unit. This unit could take the form of any of the following: a) an independent study course; b) an Honors Contract in a regular course; c) Study Abroad (for a semester or a year); d) a senior project course; e) the Schapiro Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program; or f) another innovative experience, as approved by the Honors Director
- Student Engagement – Honors students must attend at least two Honors events each semester to remain active in the program.
- A yearly ePortfolio requirement containing student reflections on curricular/co-curricular engagement and vocational aspirations