Students Who Have Begun Their College Career

We know that there are many reasons a student may choose to transfer from an institution prior to completing a degree. The following is intended to give you as much information about our admission process for students on your path. After you review this information please contact the transfer admissions counselor with any questions.

Things You Should Know Before You Apply

  • We consider a transfer student to be anyone who earns a high school diploma and then enrolls at a college following graduation. We do not have a minimum number of required credit hours to be considered as a transfer student. Whether you have earned 0 or 75+ hours, you are a transfer student.
  • To be considered for transfer admission you must be in good standing with your current/most recent college. This means you must be eligible to return to that institution for the semester you are applying for at R-MC. 
  • To be considered for admission you must have a minimum cumulative college GPA (all work attempted at all colleges attended) of at least a 2.0.
  • We review all college-level coursework for transfer credit. We will let you know which courses will transfer and how they can be applied to your degree at R-MC. This evaluation takes place after admission and is performed by the Registrar’s Office. 
  • We offer transfer scholarships!
  • Our offer of admission means we believe in you and your ability to pursue ANY of our majors, minors and/or pre-professional programs.

Steps for admission (Specifically for students without an Associates Degree):

  1. Submit a completed application by May 1 (Fall semester) or December 1 (Spring semester). This can be the R-MC application or the Common Application.
  2. Submit official transcripts from any college(s) you have attended. You can do this one of two ways:
    1. By mail -
      Randolph-Macon College
      Office of Admissions
      PO Box 5005
      Ashland, VA 23005 
    2. Through a secure electronic delivery service (such as Safe-Scrip or Parchment) to
  3. Submit official high school transcripts or GED. The greater the number of college level courses completed the less weight the transcript will carry in the admission process.
  4. Submit official ACT or SAT scores.* Your high school may be able to send these with your transcripts; if not you will need to contact the ACT or College Board directly.

    *Applicants who have graduated more than 5 years ago or have an AA/AS are not required to submit scores.