Renter's Insurance

Personal Property Insurance

Typically, colleges are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to property resulting from fire, theft, casualty or any cause, or for personal injury occurring within the leased premises, except as may be required by Virginia law.

Therefore, Randolph-Macon College strongly recommends that personal property insurance be obtained by each student for his or her belongings. Most major insurance companies offer renter's insurance.  Some companies offer the option of adding a rider onto a homeowner’s policy to cover the belongings of students away at college. Contact your current insurance provider to examine your options.

There are also a handful of companies that specifically cater to college students.  Below are three options.  No vetting or promotion of these agencies is made by R-MC or its members; this is a resource listing only:

  • Allstate Insurance
    Allstate Website
    Phone: 1.800.255.7828
    Phone: 1.800.877.8973 for the hearing impaired
  • CSI Insurance Agency Inc.
    CSI Website
    Phone: 888.411.4911
  • National Student Services, Inc.
    NSS Website 
    Phone: 800.256.6774