Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits

Approval for courses taken elsewhere must be obtained in advance from the Registrar.  Please fill out the Transfer Credit Permission Form and bring it to the Registrar’s Office for approval.

Grades for transfer courses must be a minimum of C- in order for the course and hours to be accepted by R-MC.  Transfer course grades do not calculate in the R-MC GPA, but are calculated into the major/minor GPA for graduation.  Transfer courses may not be taken on a pass/fail basis.

A student who wishes to receive transfer credit for credits earned at another institution is responsible for providing the Registrar’s Office with an official transcript of the work upon completion of the course.

Official transcripts should be mailed to:

Randolph-Macon College
204 Henry Street
Ashland, VA  23005
Attn:  Registrar’s Office

Official transcripts delivered through secure electronic transmission may be sent to  Electronic transcripts must be sent directly from the institution.  Pdf attachments are not considered official.

If you have the transcript mailed to you, please bring it to the Registrar’s Office unopened or it will not be considered official.