Payment Procedure & Scholarship Information

Deposit/Full Payment Procedure and Policy for R-MC J-term Study/Travel Courses

Students must make the deadlines for deposits and full payment as instructed below. October 1st is the last day to ADD or DROP a J-term 2019 study/travel course. Scroll down for the College’s cancellation and refund policy for study/travel courses.


Amount Due 


At time of registration

$100 non-refundable deposit

Students must take their cash or check and signed (student's signature) add-form to the Registrar's Office to be added to the course. The $100 is applied to the 50% of fee due by AUG 1 - transferrable if student changes to another study/travel course before OCT 1*

Prior to AUG 1

50% of Fee

J-term invoices posted to MMW. Payable by check, due to the Business Office. Non-refundable after OCT 1*

 SEP 1 

Loan Deadline for submission of J-term Cost of Travel Course Form to the Financial Aid Office 

AUG 1-
SEP 30

Following $100 deposit at time of registration, remaining 50% of program fee due immediately, if student is adding a J-term study/travel course during this period

By OCT 1

100% of Fee

Students' J-term study/travel program fee due in full. Students who have not paid in full by October 1st will be withdrawn from the J-term study/travel course. Course Instructor will determine amount of refund available, if any, to withdrawn students*

*unless an earlier deadline was established by the instructor


You will receive a bill on MMW for the first 50% of the program fee in July(with payment due by August 1)and a second bill in September (with payment due by October 1) for the balance of the fee. 


J-term Need-based Travel Scholarship

R-MC students who have submitted a FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office are eligible to apply for a J-Term Need-based Travel Scholarship for funds to help cover the cost of study/travel courses (however, recipients may not apply J-term scholarship awards towards the first 50% of fee due August 1). The J-Term Scholarship Application is available from the Office of International Education.

Deadline for returning students - May 4, 2018

Deadline for new students - September 7, 2018

  • Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, students must (1) submit the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the deadline of May 1st, 2018 and (2) be registered for a J-term 2019 travel course (when registration opens).
  • Application: Please complete Part 1 and 2 of the application form. For Part 2, you will need to attach a brief essay (up to 500 words).  

Download an Application for J-term 2019 Need-based Travel ScholarshipAll forms must be handed to the Office of International Education staff in Haley Hall.

Loans for J-term Travel

  • Register for J-term Study/Travel Course. 
  • Submit your completed J-term Cost of Travel Course Form to the Financial Aid Office before September 1. You will receive additional instructions regarding loan application at time of submission.
  • Apply for your Loan.

Please be advised that due to the timing of J-term deposit due dates, you may have to use loans for reimbursement only. If you have any questions regarding Federal Parent Plus or private educational loans, please contact Nancy Magerowski ( in the Financial Aid Office.

Cancellation and Refund Policy

Randolph-Macon College (the College) reserves the right to make cancellations, changes or substitutions to the program at any time. The College shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to program participants as a result of changes or cancellations due to a Department of State travel warning, hostile activity, acts of war or terrorism, or in the event of social or civil unrest, a natural disaster or a similar emergency either in the U.S. or abroad. In the case of an internal unforeseen circumstance, such as a health crisis of the instructor, the College will use its best efforts to reimburse any recoverable costs of the program from insurance and other third parties and make a reasonable effort to provide some form of substitution. Students whose conduct is disruptive of a study/travel course may be sent home at their own expense. In such cases, the student will fail the course and will not receive a refund.

Last updated:04/9/2018