Bassett Internships Process: Step-by-Step Instructions
If you're considering an academic internship, follow these steps:
1) Meet with your Academic Advisor to explore the timing and "fit" for an internship.
2) Determine your status
- Do you currently have at least a 2.25 overall grade point average?
- Will you have at least 48 semester hours completed by the end of this current semester?
If you answered "yes" to both questions, you are currently eligible to apply for an academic internship.
3) Schedule an appointment with the appropriate academic-department faculty liaison.
These faculty members can suggest options for possible internships or direct you to other faculty who can help.
4) Be prepared for your meeting with your Department Liaison.
Bring an updated copy of your resume with you to the meeting. If you do not have one, contact The Edge Career Center for assistance.
5) Obtain a Bassett Internship Application.
Download the Bassett Internship Application or pick one up in the Registrar's Office in Peele Hall.
6) Complete the Internship Application.
Work with your faculty supervisor to complete your application. Submit it to the Registrar's Office no later than the deadlines listed on the form. You do not need the signatures of the internship director or the registrar before submitting your internship application.
7) Get all your questions answered.
If you encounter problems or have questions not answered by the department liaison or your faculty supervisor, please feel free to contact Dr. George Spagna, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of the Bassett Internship Program.