The Randolph-Macon College residence halls are made up of two complexes on campus.
The Northern Residential Complex, known as "Down Campus" includes seven single story
buildings, one two-story building, four townhouse apartment buildings, and Birdsong
Residence Hall. The southern side of campus referred to as "Up Campus" includes
Mary Branch Hall and twin buildings known as Moreland Hall and Conrad Hall that
are on Mary Branch Hall's sides. In addition Thomas Branch is included in "Up Campus".
All four of these buildings are three story structures. All residence halls, with
the exception of Mary Branch, are air conditioned.
All residence hall rooms provide an overhead light, desk, extra long twin bed and
storage space in either a chest of drawers or drawers under the bed. All rooms also
include either a closet or wardrobe for each student except in the case of triples.
All windows are outfitted with blinds. In double rooms each student will have an
outlet for Internet access, cable and a shared phone line with local access included.
Much of the historical information concerning the residence halls was found in Randolph-Macon
College A Southern History 1825-1967 by R-MC Professor James Edward Scanlon.