Quantcast

Current News

Matriculation Ceremony Welcomes New Yellow Jackets

Sep 03, 2017

9/12/17

Matriculation ceremonyRandolph-Macon College held its annual Matriculation Ceremony September 3, 2017 in Blackwell Auditorium, R-MC Center for the Performing Arts.

President Robert R. Lindgren and faculty welcomed more than 400 new students to the college during the ceremony, one of the longest-standing traditions at R-MC. Its purpose is to administer the Pledge of Academic Integrity to all entering students. Upon completion of the oaths, new students officially become members of the Randolph-Macon College campus and community.

The ceremony began with the processional of the platform party, which included President Lindgren, Provost William Franz and Faculty Marshals.

Lindgren led the Class of 2021 in the Matriculation Oath: "After having carefully read the laws of Randolph-Macon College, I subscribe myself a student thereof. I enter this college with a sincere desire to reap the benefits of its instruction and with a determined resolve to conform to its laws. In testimony thereof, I hereunto subscribe my name." The newest Yellow Jackets then recited the Pledge of Academic Integrity and signed the matriculation books.

The Class of 2021
The Class of 2021 represents 15 states and several foreign countries; 47 percent of the students are male and 53 percent are female. In addition, 21 percent are ethnically diverse. Many are Presidential Scholars, recipients of R-MC's signature scholarship that recognizes students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic achievement and leadership.