ACTIONS TO TAKE CHECKLIST
(What you must do to ensure the timely crediting of your financial aid to your account)
1. Review your Financial Aid Award Letter. Review theCollege Fee Sheet and complete the Billing Calculation Worksheet to determine your balance. Review Additional Financing Options on the Billing Calculation Worksheet as well.
2. If you wish to decline or reduce any of the awards offered, complete financial aid Change Form. Without this form, we will assume you want all awards offered to you.
3. To apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan you MUST:
New Borrower :
Complete the Entrance Counseling and Federal Direct Master Promissory Note on-line at: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action.
Returning Borrower :
You have already signed your Master Promissory Note, so nothing more is required. We will certify the loan(s) indicated on your award letter.
4. To apply for a Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), your parent MUST:
Complete the Federal Direct PLUS Master Promissory Note and PLUS Request on-line at: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action.
You must complete the PLUS request on-line at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action.
5. Virginia residents (if you and your parents are domiciled in Virginia and you did not receive TAG last year), you MUST submit the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (TAG) application to the Financial Aid Office no later than July 31, 2012. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed funding. Click here for the TAG Application.
6. Read the Financial Aid Consumer Information Booklet, which contains details regarding your financial aid. Note that page 3 shows a new satisfactory academic progress policy.
7. Student Employment: Click here for our on-line Job List. Be sure to follow the instructions for securing a job. Email the supervisor directly to apply for the position listed. A resume is not required.
8. Become a Fan on our Facebook Page for Financial Aid News and Updates! 9. Follow the Financial Aid Office on Facebook !
DATES TO REMEMBER
May 25----Monthly payment plan application due
June 1---- Begin to e-sign Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Direct Student & Direct PLUS Loans (New Borrowers ONLY)
July 1----- On and off-campus jobs are available on our website
Aug. 1---- Fall payment due in the Treasurer’s Office
Sept. 3--- First day of classes for Fall term
Jan. 7---- First day of classes for January Term
Jan. 10---Spring payment due in the Treasurer's Office
Feb. 11--- First day of classes for Spring term