Instituted in 2005, the Staff Representation Process is intended to provide a formal structure for Staff to communicate with College administration. Barbara Dauberman is currently serving as Staff Representative for a two year term.
Barbara Dauberman (email@example.com) Regular email contact
Anonymous Contact Form Secured, anonymous email (firstname.lastname@example.org followed by password)
Barbara's office is located in the Business Office. (804) 752-7300
Staff Leadership and Committee Work
Tim Merrill is currently serving on the Benefits Committee until May 2015.
Staff Representation Announcements
Don't forget to join us the second Thursday of each month at the Community Roundtable/Staff Rep Meeting 9:00-10:00 on the second floor of Estes. If you can't join us stay informed by reviewing the minutes available on the side navigation bar of this page.
Role of Staff Representative
Responsibility of the Staff Representative:
- Be a fair voice for the entire staff.
- Represent staff at College Council Meetings by sharing ideas, concerns, and issues that have been brought to the attention of the representative by Staff.
- Co-chair monthly Roundtables with the Director of Human Resources, allowing the opportunity for issues to be discussed that need to be addressed at College Council, as well as provide feedback to the staff on ideas/concerns previously discussed.
- Attend monthly College Council Meetings and meet individually with President Lindgren.
Staff Representative can:
- Promote staff self advocacy
- Facilitate positive communication
- Connect staff to important college decisions
- Represent the recommendations and concerns of staff and report back to Staff
- Identify staff training or development needs
Staff Representative cannot:
- Replace existing lines of communication or reporting structure
- Conduct ombuds/conflict resolution regarding personal or personnel issues
Staff Representation Polices and Procedures (PDF)