Want to have your announcement in the Campus Event Announcements? Want the campus to know what your organization is doing?See the end of this page for when and how to submit your announcement.
1. RecycleMania Competition
2. Pennies For Patients
3. Mock Interview Program
4. Weekly Macon Peer Response (M.P.R.) Meeting
5. SEA (Students for Environmental Action) Meeting
6. Author Dale Brumfield speaks on “Novels, Short Stories, Blogs, Cartoons: The Long and Short of Writing”
7. Alpha Phi Omega Leadership Night
8. Kappa Sigma Bake Sale
9. 6th Annual Empower Leadership Luncheon
10. Spring into Safety: Drinking and Driving
11. International House Applications are Available
12. Lecture by Dr. Carol Goodheart, President, American Psychological Association
13. Track and Field Club Sport
14. Hypnotist: Tom DeLuca
15. Macon Outdoors Trip: Dominion Shooting Range
16. 5th Annual Brothers for Change Community Day
17. Alpha Phi Omega Service Project: Girl Scouts
18. Richmond Symphony Orchestra ravel, Rodrigo and Bizet
19. Life of an Athlete
20. Dr. Sarah Hand Meacham Presents: Every Home A Distillery
21. Alice in Wonderland Discussion
22. Miracle Hoops - 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
23. The Inaugural Black and White Affair: A Benefit Concert for Haiti
25. How to Submit Your Announcement
1. RecycleMania competition
Date: Now through March 27, Time: anytime day or night, Location: campus-wide
Sponsored by: R-MC’s Committee on Campus Recycling
Contact Person: Craig Collins, EH&S Programs Manager, email@example.com or x3141
Description: The more we recycle, the higher R-MC is ranked in this nationwide competition. Deposit as much paper, plastic, aluminum, glass and cardboard in our recycling bins as you can!
2. Pennies For PatientsDate, Location: March 1st-19th, Campus Center, Estes, and the LibrarySponsored By: D.I.V.A.S.
Contact Person: Gabriella Nuñez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: We are raising funds during a three week period to fight blood cancers like leukemia, which causes more deaths among children than any other cancer. PLEASE gather your spare change and support our efforts to combat cancer! Thank you!
Date, Time, Location: Thursday, March 4, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (45 minute interview slots), Career Services Office
Sponsored by: Career Services
Contact Person: Sarah Burgess/Cathy Rollman, 804.752.7270 (x7270)
Description: Applying for an internship or full-time job in the near future? How will you stand out amongst all the other interview candidates? Sign up for the Mock Interview Program to develop or enhance your interview skills with help from recruiting professionals!!! This is a unique opportunity to get personalized feedback on your interview ability from participating employers including Patient First, Momentum Resources, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, and Staffmark. Space is limited. To schedule a mock interview, email email@example.com ASAP to guarantee your spot!
4. Weekly Macon Peer Response (M.P.R.) meeting Date, Time, Location: Thursday, March 4th , 6:30- 7:30 P.M. Brown Center's Koffman Gallery
Sponsored by: Macon Peer Response
Contact Person: Violeta Valdes -firstname.lastname@example.org -(Secretary)
Description: "Advocating for self-worth."- our motto
5. SEA (Students for Evironmental Action) Meeting
Date, Time, Location: Thursday, March 4, Copley 104 7-8
Sponsored by: SEA
Contact Person: Nicole Hebert (president) email@example.com
Description: Please join us! No matter what major, interests, or graduating class we should all be proactive and take actions (no matter how big or small) to be more environmentally friendly. All are welcome! =]
Date, Time, Location: March 4, 7 pm at the Writing Center
Sponsored by: The Writing Center
Contact Person: Gayla Mills
Description: Author, cartoonist, and blogger Dale Brumfield will speak on “Novels, Short Stories, Blogs, Cartoons: The Long and Short of Writing” and read from his book "Three Buck Naked Commodes, and 18 more tales from a Small Town."
Date, Time, Location: Thursday, March 4, 8:00pm-9:00pm in Upstairs Estes
Sponsored by: Alpha Phi Omega
Contact Person: Becky Johnsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: As part of our Spring Recruitment, join APO in celebrating our tenant of Leadership by taking part in our special ritual, a ceremony celebrating APO's traditions and history. Please note that this event is formal. Afterwards, you can take a "leadership test" to find out what kind of leader you are, and have some fun checking out the leadership opportunities you have in APO!
8. Kappa Sigma Bake SaleDate, Time, Location: Friday March 5th from 11 am to 5 pm in the Campus Center LobbySponsored by: Kappa Sigma FraternityContact Person: Mike Berry (540)-226-4304Description: The Kappa Sigma Fraternity will holding a Bake Sale of homemade treats and desserts! The Desserts will be sold for extremely low prices!!
Date, Time, Location: Friday, March 5th at 12pm Upstairs Estes
Sponsored by: The Office of Student Life & Diversity Council
Contact Person: Shalise Bates-Pratt, email@example.com (804) 752-3205
Description: Help the Office of Students Life and Diversity Council celebrate Women’s History Month at the Empower Leadership Luncheon. The Empower Luncheon honors RMC student leaders and Alumni who promote respectful gender relations on campus and beyond. We will be meeting on the 2nd floor of Estes to celebrate and honor the following RMC students and alumni for their leadership on campus:
- Mayjean Deem : recipient of the Women of Excellence Award
- Joe Varner and Aaron Smith: recipients of the Men of Vision Award
- Whitney Forstner ‘98: recipient of the Seymour Alumna Leadership Award
Please R.S.V.P. by Friday February 26th. For more information contact Kate McKinney, KathleenMcKinney@rmc.edu (804) 752-4715
Date, Time, Location: March 5, 12:30 – 4:30 North Brock Parking Lot
Sponsored by: Residence Life, Office of Alcohol and Drug Prevention, Ashland Police
Contact Person: Wendy Northup, (7270, firstname.lastname@example.org ) Rodney Bardwell (4722, email@example.com )
Description: Join the Ashland Police, Residence Life Staff, and the AOD staff in the North Brock Parking lot to participate in a demonstration of the dangers of drinking and driving. You will have an opportunity to experience first-hand what it feels like to try to drive after alcohol use along with other fun activities. Lots of give-aways, including tee-shirts as long as they last. Join us as a kick off to a weeklong series of activities for Spring into Safety Week.
Date, Time, Loaction: Applications are due no later than 4:00pm on Friday, March 5th, 2010
Sponsored by: The office of International Education
Contact Person: Mayumi Nakamura
Description: Interested in living in a multi-cultural environment? Eager to share your own culture? Want to make international friends? The International House is the place for YOU!!!
We encourage all students interested in learning about US and international cultures to apply to live in the house. Click on the “Apply Now” link below or go to our website (http://www.rmc.edu/studyabroad/) for an application and more information. Applications also available for the position of House Manager of the International House. Applicants will be invited to participate in a brief interview with the Office of International Education. Before applying, please be sure to carefully read the International House philosophy and requirements/responsibilities. Questions? Contact Mayumi Nakamura at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-752-3607.
Date Time Location: March 5, Copley 100, 4:30 pm
Sponsored by: The Psychology Department
Contact Person: Robert Resnick email@example.com
Description: “The Practice of Psychology: Where Art and Science Meet” Refreshments will be served.
13. Track and Field Club Sport!
Date, Time, Location: By Friday, March 5, 2010. 5:00pm
Sponsored by: Track and Field Club Sport
Contact Person: email Rienna @:firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Anyone interested in Track and Field Club Sport, Contact Rienna as soon as possible with their interest and availability. Thanks!
14. Campus Event Committee Presents: Hypnotist, Tom DeLuca
Date, Time, Location: Friday, March 5, 2010 at 7:00-8:30pm in the Brock Center, court #3
Sponsored By: Campus Events Committee
Contact Person: Chandler Weston, ChandlerWeston@students.rmc.edu
Description: Pleas come out for a night of fun where you will watch friends and fellow classmates by hypnotized by Tom DeLuca. If you would like to be hypnotized be sure you get there early so that he will pick you.
Date, Time, Location: Saturday, March 6, 2010; 10:30 AM-2:00 PM; Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond, VA
Sponsored by: Macon Outdoors
Contact Person: Eddie Tu email@example.com
Description: -Come join Macon Outdoors for a trip to the shooting range. For members, we will pay for your range fee, rental fee, and half of one box of ammo. For non-members, we only pay for your range fee and rental fee, and you pay for your own ammo. There is also a 20 person max. for this trip, so it'll be first come, first serve. If you decide to go, you must pay a $20 deposit, which you will get back if you attend the trip. To sign up, bring your $20 deposit to Eddie Tu, who will be in the Campus Center from 4 PM-5 PM on Thursday, March 4. He will also be in the Writing Center in the Library from 6-10 PM that same day. If you cannot be there to sign up, please email Eddie (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Thursday.
Date, Time, Location: March 6th, 2010 11am-5pm Brock Center
Sponsored by: Brothers for Change
Contact Person: Derrick Tyler email@example.com (804)433-6043
Description: Come out and support our 5th Annual Brothers for Change Community Day! Our community day consists of mentoring children ages 5-17 from 11am-5pm in the Brock Center with fun, food, and games. It is always a fun event for the school and the Randolph-Macon Community. Volunteers are always welcome to help out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Date, Time, Location: Saturday, March 6, 12:00pm - 3:00pm at Welcome Center
Description: As part of our Spring Recruitment, join APO in celebrating our tenant of Service by helping the local Girl Scouts sell cookies! Swing by the welcome center anytime between noon and 3 to help them flag down people to sell to and get some badges!
18. Richmond Symphony Orchestra Ravel, Rodrigo and Bizet
Date, Time, Location: Blackwell Auditorium Sunday, March 7th at 3pm.
Contact person: Sarah Hamby, SHamby@rmc.edu
Description: Tickets can be picked up from the Student Life Office (Room 104) in the Brown Campus Center. Cost is $5 with valid college ID. Free tickets will be given to the first thirty students.
19. Life of an Athlete
Date, Time, Location: Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:30 PM, Blackwell Auditorium
Sponsored by: Student Athletic Advisory Committee, the Athletic Department, and the Office of Alcohol and Drug Prevention
Contact Person: Wendy Northup
Description: Keith Kenyon from the American Athletic Institute will share information about the physiological, behavioral, and psychosocial impacts of alcohol and drug use on academic and athletic performance. His presentation includes extensive information on the physiological and behavioral impact of drugs like marijuana, the impact of sleep deprivation, and the damaging effects of energy drinks on our health. He has extensive research experience to share and will show slides of MRI’s of athlete’s brains and the effects that alcohol has on them. The program is open to the entire student body and faculty and staff as well.
Date, Time, and Location: Tuesday, March 9th, 7:30pm, Room 212 Old Chapel (Topping Room)
Sponsored by: The History Department and the Office of Student Life
Contact Person: Professor Anne Throckmorton at (804) 752-7269
Description: Author Meacham discuss the crucial role women played in cindering and distilling in the colonial Chesapeake, and how men were able to take over cindering and distilling by using newer and more cost effective technologies.
Date, Time, Location March 12th, 2-3 in the Library first floor
Contact person: Anna Culpepper email@example.com
Sponsored by: Randolph-Readers
Description: Randolph-Readers will be talking about the story of Alice in Wonderland and it's many variations. Read any of the Alice stories or watch a movie, or just come.
22. Miracle Hoops - 3-on-3 Basketball TournamentSponsored by: Dance MarathonContact Person: Christy Ewing or Kelly CramerDescription: 3-on-3 tournament to raise money for CMN and support Dance Marathon. Registration fee is $5 per team. The registration form is attached.
Date, Time, Location: Friday, April 2nd, 2010, 8-11:30 PM, Alumni Gym
Sponsored by: Campus Events Committee
Contact Person: Gregory Manuel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Morehead (email@example.com)
Description of Event:
24. Jobs4YellowJackets (R-MC’s Job & Internship Database)
Contact Person: Cathy Rollman/Sarah Burgess, 804.752.7270 (x7270)
Description: Jobs4YellowJackets is a web-based job search database for use by Randolph-Macon students only. Opportunities that are posted on Jobs4YellowJackets include: Full-Time, Part-Time, Internships, Seasonal, Babysitting, and Service Opportunities.
Jobs4YellowJackets Recent Postings:
1) Summer Nanny (Hanover County, VA)
2) Research Assistant, Diabetes Research Team
3) Fellow, Governor's Fellows Program (Summer 2010- Rising Seniors and May 2010 Graduates)
4) Babysitter (Tuesday/Thursday)
5) Neighborhood Marketers (Melani Brothers- multiple positions)
6) Intern Coordinator, Partnership for the Future (Summer 2010)
7) Sales/Design Representative (Flooring America)
8) Research Assistant (Diabetes Research Team)
9) Account Executive (Morgan Marrow Company)
10) Revenue Auditor Trainee (Various locations for the of State of Illinois/Illinois Department of Revenue)
11) Financial Consultant (AXA Advisors)
12) Sales Associates/Home Sales (Main Street Homes)
13) Economic Research Analyst (The U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division)
14) Watershed Intern (James River Association - April 2010 start date)
15) Forestry Intern/Dave Tice Paid Intern, The Nature Conservancy (Summer 2010)
16) Volunteer Coordinator Internship, Food For Others- Fairfax, VA (Summer 2010)
17) Horticultural Intern - Alexandria, VA, American Horticultural Society (Summer 2010)
18) Environmental Education Intern, Maymont Nature Center (Summer 2010 - 2 positions)
19) Intern, Eisenman & Associates, Inc. (Summer 2010)
20) Paid Summer Economics Internships, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
21) Paid Summer Interns, The Valentine Richmond History Center (Summer 2010)
22) Paid Summer Interns, Royall & Company (Summer 2010)
23) Marketing Intern, McGuireWoods, LLP (Juniors and Seniors)
*To learn more about the positions listed above and other opportunities go to http://www.rmc.edu/offices/career.aspx and click on the tab “Jobs4YellowJackets”.
Please note that when submitting an announcement please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format below before 12pm on the day you wish to have it appear. Announcements not submitted in the format below can result in a delay of appearance in the announcement email.
Should you desire to have something like an application attached to the email let us know and be sure to have it attached in the email you send to announcements.
Name of the Event
Date, Time, Location:
Have a Great Day!!!!