Cheer on the Yellow Jackets!
Randolph-Macon College has 17 men's and women's varsity sports teams to root for throughout the year. And the recreational facilities are an important part of our winning teams and our community.
Day Field, renovated in 2012, is terrific place to see a game. It includes a turf playing surface, brick walkways, walking track, visitor stands and a new scoreboard. Day Field is home to Randolph-Macon's Yellow Jacket football team, as well as the men's and women's lacrosse teams. Flanked by Andrews and Birdsong Halls, it's also used for intramural competition. Day Field is named for Professor Frank L. Day, who in 1937 donated the land for these athletic fields.
Renovations to Day Field were made possible through the generous support of alumni, parents and Yellow Jacket fans.
The winning men's and women's basketball teams, as well as the women's volleyball team, bring real excitement to Crenshaw Gym. Spectators come to cheer on the Yellow Jackets, including one of the most winning small-college men's basketball teams, in a great gym atmosphere.
This beautiful new baseball facility has grandstand seating, along with a new scoreboard. It was named for Hugh Stephens '41, head coach of the Randolph-Macon baseball program from 1950-1982.
Construction of the Hugh Stephens Field at Estes Park was made possible through a generous lead gift from Carol Estes-Williams and her husband, Clarence G. Williams Jr.
Dedicated strictly to woman's field hockey, Nunnally Field gives the Yellow Jackets a premiere home to battle their opponents.
R-MC Soccer Fields
Both the men's and women's teams play on our fields located next to Nunnally Field. Built strictly for soccer, these fields host Yellow Jacket and ODAC (Old Dominion Athletic Conference) games.
R-MC Softball Field
Women's softball finds its home here. The field is built for regulation play and includes an electronic scoreboard.
With a total of 10 courts, the newly constructed Banks Tennis Center is a beautiful addition to the R-MC campus. The courts sit on five acres with four lighted courts for night play, stadium seating, restrooms and benches. In 2013, the Center was one of 19 winners of the 32nd annual United States Tennis Association (USTA) Facility Awards Program. The facility also won an award from the American Sports Builders Association for the top new outdoor tennis facility in 2012.
Construction of the Banks Tennis Center was made possible by former Board of Trustee member S. Andrew Banks.