If you're considering an academic internship, follow these steps:
1) Meet with your Academic Advisor to explore the timing and "fit" for an internship.
2) Determine your status
If you answered "yes" to both questions, you are currently eligible to apply for an academic internship.
3) Schedule an appointment with the appropriate academic-department faculty liaison.
These faculty members can suggest options for possible internships or direct you to other faculty who can help. (Complete list of Department Liaisons)
4) Be prepared for your meeting with your Department Liaison.
5) Obtain an Internship Application.
6) Complete the Internship Application.
Work with your faculty supervisor to complete your application. Submit it to the Registrar's Office no later than the deadlines listed on the form. You do not need the signatures of the internship director or the registrar before submitting your internship application.
7) Get all your questions answered.
If you encounter problems or have questions not answered by the department liaison or your faculty supervisor, please feel free to contact Dr. George Spagna, email@example.com, Director of the Bassett Internship Program.
Return to Bassett Internship Page