We are looking for people who have a passion and desire to help others, have good
judgment and crisis intervention skills, and are trainable. We are looking for both
the extrovert and the introvert . . . strong leaders and motivators for their hall.
A Resident Assistant (RA) position offers great intangible rewards. Successful RA
Applicants must demonstrate the maturity necessary to balance time commitments and
to be a good role model to residents. They must also demonstrate a concern for,
and commitment to, students’ development. Finally, successful candidates must have
a strong desire for personal growth, including developing administrative, leadership,
and management skills.
The Resident Assistant must be ready to be a paraprofessional student-staff member.
He/She is responsible for approximately twenty-five residents. He/She will be expected
• Promote a positive group living environment in the residence halls;
• Assist residents who have academic, social, or personal concerns;
• Be a leader on campus and be a positive member of the RA staff;
• Consult with the Assistant Director of Residence Life on staff/campus issues;
• Interpret, enforce and support College policies; and
• Serve in the general management of a residence hall.
Application and materials will be due to Christina Brown Cozart, Associate Director
of Residence Life and Housing, February 26, 2014 to the Office in Mary Branch Middle.
If you have any questions, please email her at
To apply, please check out the following forms or you can also pick up an application
packet in the Office of Residence Life and Housing in the Hive during normal business
hours. Remember that Applications and your 2 Reference Forms are due February 26,
Resident Assistant Application
Check out our current RAs at: