1. MISSION AND GOALS
Mission: Develop and foster a culture that supports an active and healthy
1. Educate faculty and staff about the comprehensive benefits of being physically
2. Increase awareness encouraging healthier nutrition college-wide.
3. Offer programs and services on health-related issues.
II. Viridian Health Educator Information - Paige Toraason, R.N., is R-MC's Health
Educator from Viridian.
Employees may call her at (804)496-9940 or email her at
firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a confidential one-on-one appointment.
2013 Dates When Paige will be on campus from 9 AM - 11:30 AM in the Brock Center
Call or email her for an appointment:
Friday, January 11
Friday, January 25
Friday, February 8
Friday February 22
Friday. March 8
Friday, March 22
Friday, April 5
Friday, April 19
Friday, May 3
Friday, May 17
Paige will be available to provide the following information:
· Medical education about chronic conditions
· Review Personal Health Evaluation results/Healthy Life Plans
· Establish personal health goals
· Nutritional and physical activity advice
The Health Educator services are free and a convenient health resource for benefit-eligible
employees of Randolph-Macon who have participated in the wellness screening. Living
Well Health Solutions is a Health management program that helps address many health
related issues that employees may have. As a Health Educator, Paige can provide
medical education about chronic conditions such as:
**Weight Management Nutrition
III. Wellness Committee Members: Kara Daniel, Bill Blackmore, Anne Marie
Lauranzon, Charter Lindley, Jude Martin, Alana Davis, Patricia Reagan, Lorraine
Kenney, Kara Peatross and Sharon Jackson.
Click Here to Read Excerpt from
Letter to Faculty and Staff from President Robert Lindgren - 3/15/2012:
IV. Nutrition Information - Link to Dining Services Website & Nutrition Information