1. Prepare for the transition to college, generally, and R-MC specifically. The R-MC Counseling Center has put together this guide to assist new students with planning for their transition to college:
2. Don't neglect the basic three: eat healthy, sleep, and exercise. Most college freshmen forget one or more of these every day!
3. Utilize the Center for Counseling Services. They are staffed by Ph.D. trained specialists to help you navigate the rocky moments your first year.
4. Use other resources on campus. Did you know that you can consult with a dietician at Estes?
5. Don't let the stress of academics become such a focus that you neglect your internal voice telling you to slow down or calm down. Get help at the HAC!
6. Take advantage of online resources! For example: http://chronicle.com/article/New-Mental-Health-Guide/1180
© 2008 Contact Jack Trammell with questions: email@example.com