The EDGE, in partnership with faculty, staff, parents,
the business community and alumni, is a four year program that will help you design
a strategy for a lifetime of success after graduation. This process begins in your
first year on campus. This process begins now.
You are required to complete a personal self-assssment, online, by
August 1, 2013 deadline extended to August 15, 2013.
If you need help with entering the system, please call the EDGE
office at 804-752-3103.
1. Click on http://cb.careersearch.net/register/?school_id=2274
2. Once your account is created, please hit the tab "Career Exploration",
then click on "Quick Profile".
3. Complete the Quick Profile and the first 6 Assessments
and save. This will take about 45 minutes.
4. Your next assignment is to upload any resume that you currently have. Go to the
"Account" tab and then click on "My Documents".
Scroll down to "Upload Your Resumes", and upload your resume as
you now have it from your computer. Name this your v.1 Resume.
5. If you do NOT have a resume started, please hit the "Getting
the Job" tab and select "Resumes". Go to the right
hand side of the webpage and select "Chronological Resume Builder".
This will provide you with an easy template to begin your resume.
6. Follow the directions for composing your resume, download and save to your computer.
Then upload it to your CareerBeam account page.
7. We are able to access it from Career Beam and review it with you! This makes
the conversation of internships and resume revisions possible.