We have posted this on our Web site for your information. Your student has a copy
of this in email form.
Here are details of Boot Camp that you will need to know:
· Your FOB will be activated at 9:00 a.m. on January 4th for you to get
into your room. Residence Life will send you information regarding expectations
of your early return. You may not enter your room earlier than 9:00 a.m.
on January 4th.
· We will meet with all Camp participants in Thomas Branch atrium no later than
12:45 p.m. The bus will depart promptly at 1:00 p.m. Please be sure your name is
on or attached to your luggage.
· There are no private vehicles allowed at the conference center.
· Once checked in, you may not leave the conference center.
· You will return to campus on January 5, 2013 no later than 9:00 p.m. You will
have entry to your room that evening.
· Your lodging, all meals and course materials are included. There are no out-of-pocket
· Please list your food allergies, if any, and your emergency contact information.
(See Participation Agreement Letter)
· Attire for Friday is business casual. Saturday is formal business attire.
· You will be paired with a roommate for your stay.
· Please bring your laptop computer. You will need this for some of the educational
sessions. If you do not have a laptop, please contact Elsie Cimorelli at 804-752-3103
· Alcohol will be present at some of the sessions; only those age-appropriate will
be able to partake.
· A photographer will be present to photograph and record participants during the
various activities and sessions. You will need to sign a photo release form
so that we may use these photographs on the EDGE website and publications.
· We take your commitment to Boot Camp very seriously. We are only able to take
a select number of students to participate in this experience, and as a result,
some students were not accepted. If you need to cancel, please do so by December
4th as a $250 fee will be assessed for those who commit to Boot
Camp but do not show up to participate in the event. This is a time commitment
that has no cost if you accept and attend- but cancellations after December 4th
will have an assessment. Consideration is given on the event of immediate family
tragedy, death or serious illness.
We trust that you will find this to be a rich experience, equipping you with an
action plan and skills needed to enhance your future, giving you a competitive
EDGE on any path you choose to take upon graduation from Randolph-Macon
College. Congratulations! The EDGE Team looks forward to your
participation! Any questions, do not hesitate to contact Elsie Cimorelli at 804.752.3103
Linda P. Carne, Executive Director, The EDGE