The new Day Field, which now runs north and south, has a turf playing surface, stadium lights, brick walkways, a press box, visitor stands, and a walking track. It is surrounded on the north side by Andrews Residence Hall and will be surrounded on the south side by the future Birdsong Residence Hall. Day Field is home to Randolph-Macon’s football and men’s and women’s lacrosse teams. Day Field is named for R-MC Bible Professor Frank L. Day, who donated the land for these athletic fields in 1937.
Read the full story of the dedication ceremony which was held on Saturday, September 12, 2012.