Faculty Excellence: Chirashree Bhattacharya, Mathematics Department
Mathematics Associate Professor Chirashree Bhattacharya is from Ranchi, Bihar, India. She joined the Randolph-Macon faculty in 2003 and says the college has become a home to her. She was attracted to Randolph-Macon because of its unique academic opportunities, such as the Schapiro Undergraduate Research Fellowship, and the close-knit community. At R-MC, she has developed innovative courses that allow her to combine mathematics with her love for classical music.
In this video, Bhattacharya explains how Randolph-Macon offers a world-class education and allows students to grow, explore their areas of interest and maximize their potential.
At R-MC, our strong international education program welcomes talented students from around the world to our Ashland, Virginia campus, located only 150 kilometers from Washington, DC. International students benefit from R-MC's exceptional liberal arts curriculum, opportunities for internships and independent research, and a strong tradition of alumni success. Want to learn more about these opportunities? We've created a forum where interested international students can learn all about R-MC, ask questions, and even chat with current students. Join the brand-new R-MC International Student Facebook Group today to learn everything about R-MC.
APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS
Your application is complete once we have received the following materials:
1. Application and personal statement: Your application includes a written personal statement; use this part of the application to tell us more about who you are and why you want to attend R-MC. You may choose to:
Office of AdmissionsRandolph-Macon CollegeP.O. Box 5005Ashland, VA 23005-5505
2. Transcripts: Request your secondary school, as well as any colleges you may have attended, to mail an official copy of your transcript — along with copies any additional documents, such as diplomas and/or exam scores (such as GCE "O" Level or "A" Level exams, HKCEE, HKALE, National Entrance Exam, or SAECE) — to the address above. Please provide a certified translation of all documents not written in English.
3. Recommendation: Please submit a letter of recommendation from any one of the following: counselor, teacher, principal or headmaster.
4. English proficiency or SAT test scores: Students whose first language is not English must take either the TOEFL or IELTS (Academic version) test to demonstrate their proficiency with English, or they may take the SAT test.
5. Financing your R-MC Education: International student applicants are eligible to receive academic scholarships (awarded during the admissions process) but no other financial aid from the college, and are required to document their ability to pay the full cost of educational expenses at Randolph-Macon College. If you are accepted to R-MC, you must submit the following information before you can enroll at the college:
Once this documentation has been received, and you have paid your enrollment deposit, R-MC will issue you an I-20 immigration form, which will allow you to obtain an F-1 Student Visa to enter the United States.