If you're considering an academic internship, follow these steps:
1) Meet with your Academic Advisor to explore the timing and "fit"
for an internship.
2) Determine your status
If you answered "yes" to both questions, you are currently eligible to apply for
an academic internship.
3) Schedule an appointment with the appropriate
academic-department faculty liaison.
These faculty members can suggest options for possible internships or direct you
to other faculty who can help.
(Complete list of Department Liaisons)
4) Be prepared for your meeting with your Department Liaison.
5) Obtain an Internship Application.
6) Complete the Internship Application.
Work with your faculty supervisor to complete your application. Submit it to the
Registrar's Office no later than the
deadlines listed on the form. You do not need the signatures of the internship
director or the registrar before submitting your internship application.
7) Get all your questions answered.
If you encounter problems or have questions not answered by the department liaison
or your faculty supervisor, please feel free to contact
Dr. Ed Showalter, Director of the Bassett Internship Program.