1. The House will be unlocked between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight.
People will be permitted to stay after 12:00 midnight to study or work, but once
you leave, you will not be able to reenter. If you leave at a late hour, please
make sure the door locks behind you.
2. Quiet hours will be in effect after 9:00 p.m. in the upstairs of the House. People
downstairs especially need to be respectful of the residents after 9:00 p.m..
3. Private phone calls may be received in the house between the hours of 8:00 a.m.
and midnight. Phone calls between midnight and 8:00 a.m. should be restricted to
emergency calls only. Please consider the residents with respect to the use of the
4. All scheduled groups (Honors classes, program activities, campus activities)
have first priority to the rooms and equipment of the House.
5. All things belonging to the House will remain in the House. This includes books,
furniture, games, kitchen equipment, etc.
6. Furniture in the House is not to be rearranged. If it is moved to meet a specific
purpose, please put it back where it belongs.
7. Any food in the kitchen to be used by members of the Honors program will be marked
accordingly. All other items are the property of the residents. If individuals wish
to leave food in the kitchen, please label it with your own name. If labeled items
are left in the kitchen unused, they will be discarded at the discretion of the
residents or members of the House Committee.
8. Please remember to keep the Honors House clean. This includes all areas of the
house (kitchen, living room, computer room, library, office, and classroom).
9. There will be no smoking in the House.
10. The House is open for the Honors students, faculty and administration, and their
guests. Honors students are responsible for ensuring that their guests are aware
of and follow the rules. Honors students will be held responsible for the conduct
of their guests in the Honors House.
11. All persons entering the House will be expected to uphold the Randolph-Macon
Academic Integrity Code and the Code of Student Conduct.
12. Please do not leave belongings unattended for long periods of time, and when
you are not using the computer, please remove your disk or thumb drive and log off.